Nurse Interview Questions & Tips for Specialized Units – (ER/ICU/PEDS) ETC…
Tips for Interviewing for Specialty
1. Situational questions — Always ABC’s, patient safety, culturaly sensitive etc….
○ knowing how to deal with families — distraught family members,
○ know who the demographic is of people that come in,
○ what are major problems that you may face (multicultural in hospitals in canada)
○ How you deal with conflict
○ How you deal with a code situation § Code status?
2. Know your nursing inteverventions
○ Low blood pressure — Fluid resuscitation
○ Sepsis — IV abx
3. How have you made your working unit better
4. Rank your ability to do these skills — perform IV insertions, hang blood, wound care, ECG interpretation
5. How do you work with others:
○ Dealing with conflict RN not doing their job, the pt has coded, what do you do.